Your question may be answered on the FAQ page
Customers are reminded that old versions of Cycom software should be removed before installing new versions. If multiple copies of Cycom software are installed on the same computer communication with the Cycom product may be affected. This has been identified as an issue with software for the KU-893 and KU-894 but may also affect other products.
A new release of the software for the KU-893 is now available. This release provides new features,enhanced capabilities and minor bug fixes. Version 4.0 is compatible with all previous versions of KU-893. Contact for more information.
The T Index file is available as a download from the Internet. To update the T-Index file you'll need a computer that is connected to the Internet and a web browser (eg: Netscape Navigator, Internet Explorer)
1. Go to the Ionospheric Prediction Services web site
2. On the front page of their web site, select the HF Systems link.
3. On the HF Systems page, select the T Index link under the Global HF item.
4. Select the Monthly T Index link on the T Index page.
5. Select the link on the Monthly T Index page to view or download the latest Tindicies text file.
The web address for the T Index file is http://www.ips.gov.au/Category/HF Systems/Global HF/T Index/TIndices.txt.
Save the T Index file in the KU893 software directory (eg: C:\Cypher Research Labs\KU893\Version3.4\) to update the T-Index values.
Since the release of the KU-893 Version 3.3.1 software, one defect has been found that could cause the program to close unexpectedly. This defect is listed below.
1. Trying to load the Format Manager screen will cause the program close unexpectedly. This is due to a programming error. This error has been fixed with a new release of Version 3.3.5.
For any queries about this defect with the KU-893 Version 3.3.1, or about getting a newer release of the KU-893 Version 3.3 please contact us at:
Defects in KU-893 Version 3.2 Software
Since the release of the KU-893 Version 3.2 software, one defect has been found that could cause the program to close unexpectedly. This defect is listed below.
1. If you are joining a segmented message, an error message will be displayed and the program could close. This problem can be easily overcome by creating a directory called Messages under the KU-893 installation directory.
For any queries about this defect with the KU-893 Version 3.2 contact us at:
Defects in KU-893 Version 3.1 Software
Since the release of the KU-893 Version 3.1 software, some defects have been found that cause the program to close unexpectedly. These defects have been fixed with Version 3.2 of the KU-893 software. These defects are listed below.
1. If a callsign is added with the Callsign Manager screen with no Title, the program will close. This problem can be easily overcome by filling out a Title for a callsign.
2. Trying to show the properties of a line or point shape that is on the map causes the program to close. This is due to a programming error.
3. If the message name in the New/Edit Message screen is over 55 character, the program will close. This problem can be easily overcome by limiting the message name to less than 55 characters.
For any queries about the defects with the KU-893 Version 3.1 or to order a free upgrade to Version 3.2 - contact us at:
PC SOFTWARE KU-893/893A Version 2.11 (FPDA VARIANT)
This generation of software was designed to operate in the Windows 3.x® and INTEL® xx486 environment.
Rapid advances in PC hardware and operating systems now mean that this software is incompatible with both PENTIUM® processors - because of the speed and the NT® operating system - due to differences in the file naming and other factors.
Those countries who wish to upgrade their software to the PENTIUM/NT configuration (Version 2.11C) should - in the first instance - contact us at:
Please also contact us at this email if you require specifications and pricing for Version 3 software.